BFI ANNUAL REPORT REDESIGN
1st year university project
This project required us to redesign an existing annual report to enhance communication. I chose to focus on the BFI as their 2016 report was simply shown in a written PDF document.
I tried to focus on the retrospective aspect of cinema to communicate the BFI's identity. I particularly enjoyed experimenting with different angles and levels of space.
Group project redesigning Hilaire Belloc's Cautionary Tales for Children
For this brief, we worked in groups of 5 to redesign and re-market Hilaire Belloc's collection of poems. We decided to create a mock historical artefect, ultimately choosing to work with newspaper as
I took the role of art director and designed the layouts; the illustrations, portraits and banners were designed by hand by the other designers in my group.
I loved researching the history and influences behind parody design work for this brief. I also tried to experiment as much as I could with typography according to the rhythms and emphasis within each line
The Ponto page was particularly difficult - I wanted the typography to feel rushed and panicked whilst still being legible and following the poem's rhythm. I also wanted it to be a twist on the traditional Victorian newspaper headline.
Here are some of my early experiments with paper cut outs to test the legibility and effectiveness of each spread.